Tampa, Fla– The holidays can be stressful, especially when it comes to cooking and shopping for the best ingredients. Here in Hillsborough County you can find some great local farmers markets and grab your ingredients to make a delicious honeycomb bread pudding dessert.
Local markets are a great way to find fresh, organic and rich ingredients for all recipe types. Luckily you can find all the ingredients for this recipe at local farmers markets in Hillsborough County.
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Bake: 45 minutes
- Cool: 15 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 10 ½ by 15-inch glass pan
- 2-cup measuring cup
- Cutting board
- 1 loaf of day-old Gulf Coast sourdough cinnamon swirl bread
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup of sugar
- 4 cups of Maple Hill whole milk
- 1 tablespoon of room-temperature butter to taste
Optional to add on top of bread pudding:
- Brie cheese and
- Honeycomb or
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Spread room-temperature butter in the 10 ½ by 15-inch pan.
- Cut the loaf of bread into 1-inch square cubes and put it into the pan. If any of the cubes are too big, cut them in half.
- Crack the five eggs, pour a ½ cup of sugar and four cups of whole milk into a bowl.
- Mix ingredients together until blended well with a whisk.
- Pour blended ingredients into the pan. Spread the blend evenly into the pan.
- Massage the mixture into the bread until it is completely incorporated
- Place the pan in the oven for 45 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. Make sure the bread pudding is cooked through by sticking a toothpick into the pudding and making sure it comes out clean.
- While the bread pudding is cooking you can chop at least 2 ounces of brie cheese to taste and place them on a pan sheet.
- Cut a piece of honeycomb to taste and place it on the same pan sheet.
Optional: Once the bread pudding is done, put the oven on broil on high and place the pan on the highest rack, and brown the top of the pudding for about 1 to 2 minutes.
Cut the bread pudding into squares, add the brie cheese. Let the cheese melt in the oven for a couple of seconds and add honeycomb on top. You can also add vanilla ice cream on top of the bread pudding instead of the brie cheese and honeycomb.
Here is where you can find the ingredients:
Gulf Coast Sourdough Cinnamon Swirl Bread is from Quality Foods Gourmet Market found on 16307 N Florida Ave, Lutz, FL.
Sugar, Maple Hill whole milk, brie cheese and butter from Rollin’ Oats Market found on 1021 N Macdill Ave, Tampa, FL.
Eggs and honeycomb from Temple Terrace Farmers Market found on 11302 N 56thSt, Temple Terrace, FL only open on Saturday’s from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
All of these farmers markets are perfect to find ingredients for your holiday recipes. Honeycomb bread pudding is easy to make and perfect for dessert during the holiday celebration or for any other day of the year. It is fluffy and delicious that everyone can enjoy.
Gifs by Dana Almasri