Do you love a classic Italian alfredo?
We all love the classic Italian alfredo sauce, but would love the alfredo with the classic Italian calories.
I have a perfect recipe for you!
This rich and creamy guilt free pasta sauce will have all your Italian lovers questioning what is in the sauce.
I wanted a creamy low-fat dish I could eat and not feel any guilt afterward. This dish is exactly that!
Although this is a low-fat dish, it does not sacrifice the flavor and texture of the traditional alfredo.
- 1 lb Pasta
- Cauliflower 1 cup
- Vegan cream cheese 4 tbsp
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Miso ½ tsp
- Garlic powder 1 tsp
- Onion powder 1 tsp
- White pepper ½ tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Water ⅓ cup
- Black pepper
- Fresh dill
- Steam cauliflower
- Boil pasta
- Cook pasta as instructed on packet.
- Steam cauliflower until fork tender.
- Combine all ingredients minus the pasta into blender.
- Blend all ingredients until silky smooth.
- After draining cooked pasta. Place back into saucepan and add your blended sauce.
- Put pan on medium heat and warm through.
- Once warm through, place in desired bowl and serve.
- Can add any toppings you like.
Calories – 246.6 kcal
Fat – 78.0 kcal
Carbs – 90.0 kcal
Protein – 78.5 kcal
Low-Fat Vegan Alfredo! @Zimmerman School of Advertising and Mass Communications at USF
— agypsygolden (@BenfieldKatie) April 12, 2018